FGPC has club teams that train and compete in six categories:
- Mixed Novice,
- Mixed Competitive,
- Women’s Competitive,
- Mixed Senior (50+),
- Women’s Senior (50+)
- Junior (13 to 18).
If you already know how to dragon boat—or would like to learn—but don’t have a team, then a club team may be right for you. Regular attendance and challenging training are required for our competitive programs.
A willingness to learn and have fun are required for our recreational programs. Our senior mixed and women’s teams are very popular and fill up fast, so get your individual registrations in early. FGPC provides club teams with trained coaches.
Club-team fees include:
- 1-day FGPC-sponsored festival, Fairway Gorge Super Sprints (May 2018), and the 2-day Victoria Dragon Boat Festival (August 2018).
- Eligible teams have the option of adding the X-Squared Women’s Dragon Boat Championships to their season’s fees.
Option 1 – Program Fees per paddler:
- 2x per week, $286.00 per paddler, based on 20-paddler minimum, coach only;
- 2x per week, $349.00 per paddler, based on 20-paddler minimum, coach and stern;
Includes entry fees to two FGPC-managed festivals (1x 1-day + 1x 2-day).
Option 2 – Program Fees per team:
For crews wishing to pay a single, total fee, here are the options:
- Coach only, two FGPC-managed festivals (1x 1-day + 1x 2-day): $5720.00
- Coach and Stern, two FGPC-managed festivals (1x 1-day + 1x 2-day): $6980.00
Most club teams will train from early April to mid-August 2018, with customizable start and finish dates tailored to meet the needs of each crew.