Welcome to the 18th Annual Kan-U-Hakit Outrigger Sprints!
Saturday, March 3, 2018 – OC6
This race takes place at the Fairway Gorge Paddling Club (FGPC) along the Selkirk waterfront in Victoria. This OC6 race is a 1,500m sprint on a 500m course, requiring 2 buoy turns. Evenly spaced buoy markers near the Bay Street Bridge (start line) and at the FGPC (finish line) will be set out in each lane. Each race will consist of two or three boats.
- Divisions included are Women, Mixed and Men, with seeded heats followed by semi finals. The fastest three semi finalist teams in each category will advance to the final heats at the end of the day.
- The same crew of 6 must race in each race. A substitution will move a crew to the ‘exhibition’ category for the remainder of the event.
- All teams must check in with the boathouse office before 8:30 am on race day, and confirm are current CORA members.
Location: Fairway Gorge Paddling Club, 2940 Jutland Road, Victoria BC.
Race Schedule: Race start at 8:30 am, registration open at 7:30 am, steers meeting at 8.00 am.
- Teams will be registered on a first come, first served basis; Fee is $120 including tax ($20 per paddler).
- Please complete and submit the registration below and submit payment no later than Friday February 23, 2018.
- If registration fills before the Friday, February 23, 2018 your crew will be waitlisted.
Please note: Individual Electronic Waivers must be on file for each paddler, along with CORA 2018 paddler memberships.
In addition to completing this registration agreement, the Team Captain/Manager must ensure that all paddlers have completed an online individual FGPC waiver for the current season and renew their CORA memberships. Team captains: please copy the links below and forward to applicable teammates.
Instructions for registering for OC6 Races:
- Please complete and submit the complete online registration form below. Scroll down to complete the form, and click on the blue “Submit” button to transmit the information to us.
- If necessary, COPY and forward the CORA link to your team mates: https://www.canadianoutrigger.com/membership/faqs/
- Click on the “Buy Now” button below the registration form to pay for your registration fee ($120) by credit card.
- Once we receive payment we will request your roster which will include an email address for each participant. We will contact your paddlers directly to have them complete a digital waiver if required.
If you have any questions or concerns about this registration process, we’ll be happy to walk you through it — send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get in touch with you!