Welcome to the 1st Annual Fairway Gorge X-Squared Women’s Dragon Boat Championships!
New for 2018: a brand new 1-day 300m dragon boat festival for women’s teams!
This is a fun but competitive women’s only event, a first for Victoria! Races and festival activities will be held on and adjacent to Victoria’s beautiful Gorge Waterway. A variety of food choices, women’s music and other activities and fun for women will be available in the paddlers’ village area throughout the day. In addition, the 300-meter dragon boat races (a guaranteed 3 races per team) will result in gold, silver and bronze medals for championship and consolation finals!
Saturday June 16, 2018
Location: Fairway Gorge Paddling Club, 2940 Jutland Road, Victoria BC.
- Teams will be registered on a first come, first served basis; if registration fills before the Friday, June 1, 2018 your crew will be waitlisted. Note that both A and B (consolation) divisions are eligible for medals if they finish 1, 2 and 3rd in their final races.
- Fee are as follows:
- Early Bird (until April 15, 2017) for Local teams (Vancouver Island) is $700 including GST
- Early Bird (until April 15, 2017) for Visiting teams is $650 including GST
- Regular (after April 15, 2017) for Local teams is $750 including GST
- Regular (after April 15, 2017) for Visiting teams is $700 including GST
- Junior teams 50% discount off current fee
- FGPC Staff Sterns and Drummers will be available (+$100 per staff person). Adding a staff drum or stern to your team is an option for convenience or last minute emergency; we cannot guarantee that a team will win in exchange for hiring a member of our race staff.
- Please register early to avoid disappointment. Crew registration payment must be made before registration in this event is confirmed.
- Please complete and submit the form below no later than Friday June 1, 2018.
- We expect this first annual event to sell out; only 32 women’s teams will be accepted.
- Note that male drummers and sterns are permitted. All paddlers must be female.
Festival Cancellation/Refund Policy
There will be 25% administrative fee for all withdrawals. The final date to withdraw a team from the festival is June 1, 2018. There will be no refunds of any type after this date, including if the festival is cancelled due to safety reasons.
If you have any questions or concerns about this registration process, we’ll be happy to walk you through it — send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get in touch with you!
Registration and Payment
- Complete the form and Click on the “Buy Now” button below to pay your registration fee by credit card.
- For FGPC teams planning to include race fees with their program fees, please contact us at email@example.com to be provided with an alternate registration form.
- Once we receive payment we will request your roster which will include an email address for each participant. We will contact your paddlers directly to have them complete a digital waiver if necessary. Any paddler who has completed an FGPC waiver in 2018 will not be required to complete an additional waiver.