Welcome to the 18th Annual Brotchie Reach Outrigger Races!
Saturday, May 5, 2018 – OC6
Sunday, May 6, 2018 – Small Boats
Location: Fairway Gorge Paddling Club, 2940 Jutland Road, Victoria BC.
The Brotchie Reach races take place at the Fairway Gorge Paddling Club (FGPC) on the Selkirk waterfront in Victoria. The OC6 Brotchie Reach race (Saturday) is a 13.5 km race from FGPC through Victoria’s inner and outer harbours, around navigational buoy V21 to the Brotchie Ledge marker and back.
In the event that enough novice crews register for the event, a novice OC6 course will also be provided, leaving the docks at 9am, the first heat of the day.
The Brotchie Small Boat Races (Sunday) will be held on Sunday 6 May, and will run approximately 10km. The small boat course will be determined on race day, depending on conditions.
Race Schedule: Races start at 8:30 am, check-in open at 8 am, first steers meeting at 8.10 am and 20 minutes before each race.
- Teams will be registered on a first come, first served basis; if registration fills before the Wednesday, April 25, 2018 your crew will be waitlisted. Fee is $150 including tax ($25 per paddler).
- Please register early to avoid disappointment.
- Please complete and submit the registration below and submit payment no later than Wednesday April 25, 2018. Payment must be received by this date or your team will be placed on the waiting list.
Please note: Individual Electronic Waivers must be on file for each paddler, along with CORA 2018 paddler memberships.
If necessary, COPY and forward the CORA link to your team mates: https://www.canadianoutrigger.com/membership/faqs/
If you have any questions or concerns about this new registration process, we’ll be happy to walk you through it — send us an email at email@example.com and we’ll get in touch with you!
Instructions for registering for OC6 Races May 5:
- Complete and Click on the Registration “Buy Now” button below pay your registration fee ($150 including GST) by credit card.
- Once we receive payment we will request your roster which will include an email address for each participant. We will contact your paddlers directly to have them complete a digital waiver if required.
- Any crew that does not provide a complete, waivered roster (last minute changes excluded) by April 27 will be charged an additional 15% admin fee ($22.50 incl GST), payable on race day, to compete in this event.