FGPC and COVID-19
FGPC will issue a “heads-up” notice for each event 6 weeks before the event date. The six-week notice will provide teams with a five-week window to either prepare their teams and register if we are able to safely run the event, or stand down and consider the next race on the schedule. Decisions that affect each FGPC-hosted race will follow a consistent timeline that you can monitor, available HERE.
The 2020 year will require careful monitoring and potential cancellations. In order to provide our paddlers and teams with additional certainly, we have scheduled and secured dates for our events, races and festivals in 2021. These event dates are listed below.
WETDASHE OC6 RACE (Relay races) – fundraiser for the Victoria Prostate Centre and the Citizens’ Counselling Centre
The next FGPC Wetdashe will be held on 14 – 15 November 2020 (Saturday and Sunday)
- 12km & 24km full dock change relay races
- Proceeds from last year’s race were directed to the Island Prostate Centre. Proceeds from this year’s race will be directed to the Island Prostate Centre and the Citizens’ Counselling Centre, with funds directed to services and programming for men.
- Suggested roster is 9 to 12 paddlers although more are permitted, providing that no more than 3 men are paddling in your boat at any time (no restrictions for women).
- All participants must have an online waiver on file with FGPC (or complete a waiver before the event).
- Stern(s) must be confident to navigate a close course with multiple buoy turns.
- All registered crews will be contacted well in advance with their heat and race times.
- Rosters will be requested once registration is received and payment of fees has been made. Rosters must be submitted by November 1 to allow for T-shirt ordering. We cannot guarantee T-shirts quantities and sizes for rosters received after November 1.
- Any crew that does not provide a complete, waivered roster (last minute changes excluded) by one week will be charged an additional 15% admin fee, payable on race day, to compete in this event.
Event Cancellation/Refund Policy
There will be 25% administrative fee for all withdrawals. The final date to withdraw a team from the festival is November 1. There will be no refunds of any type after this date, including if the event is cancelled due to safety reasons.