WETDASHE OC6 RACE (Relay races) – fundraiser for the Victoria Prostate Centre and the Citizens’ Counselling Centre
Entry fee is $400 plus GST ($420), includes t-shirt. $35 per paddler must be paid for crews of over 12 paddlers.
16 – 17 November 2019 (Saturday and Sunday)
- 12km & 24km full dock change relay races
- Proceeds from last year’s race (2018) were directed to the Island Prostate Centre. Proceeds from this year’s race will be directed to the Island Prostate Centre and the Citizens’ Counselling Centre, with funds directed to services and programming for men.
- Suggested roster is 9 to 12 paddlers although more are permitted, providing that no more than 3 men are paddling in your boat at any time (no restrictions for women).
- All participants must have an online waiver on file with FGPC (or complete a waiver before the event).
- Stern(s) must be confident to navigate a close course with multiple buoy turns.
- All registered crews will be contacted well in advance with their heat and race times.
- Any paddler who has completed an FGPC waiver so far in 2019 will not be required to complete an additional waiver.
- Rosters will be requested once registration is received and payment of fees has been made. Rosters must be submitted by November 1, 2019 to allow for T-shirt ordering. We cannot guarantee T-shirts quantities and sizes for rosters received after November 1, 2019.
- Any crew that does not provide a complete, waivered roster (last minute changes excluded) by November 10 will be charged an additional 15% admin fee ($63 incl GST), payable on race day, to compete in this event.
Event Cancellation/Refund Policy
There will be 25% administrative fee for all withdrawals. The final date to withdraw a team from the festival is November 1, 2019. There will be no refunds of any type after this date, including if the event is cancelled due to safety reasons.
Registration and Payment
- Complete the form and Click on the “Buy Now” button below to pay your registration fee by credit card.
- Paid up crews will receive a roster form closer to the event date. At that time, teams will be able to request their preference of race day (Saturday or Sunday).
- All paddlers are required to complete a FGPC online waiver before competing in any of these events. Once the waiver is completed, the paddler will not be required to complete an additional waiver for subsequent events.